Fuel & combustion related
Available capabilities & equipment include:
- Single cylinder compression ignition (CI) diesel engine with in-cylinder pressure sensor with heated fuel system for performing combustion experiments with all types of fuels including high viscous fuels such as marine fuels (sample size 5 liter).
- Multi cylinder compression ignition (CI) diesel engine with in-cylinder pressure sensor for performing combustion experiments with all types of fuels excluding high viscous fuels (sample size 10 liter).
- Combustion Research Unit (CRU) for combustion analysis, including ignition delay testing of all types of fuels excluding high viscous fuels (sample size 1 liter).
- Turbocharged gasoline test engine for evaluation fuels and fuel additives next to proposed engine efficiency improvement products.
- Injection spray test rig for dynamic fuel stability analysis including injector spray analysis by means of high speed camera imaging.
- Exhaust gas analysis: Soot (PM), NO, NO2, NOX, SO2, CO, CO2, O2, AFR.
- Element analyzer to perform elemental analysis (CHNOS) of both fluid and solid fuels including determination of heating value.
- Viscosity analyzer in order to determine temperature viscosity curves of all fuel types.
- Titrator to determine multiple fuel properties such as Total Acid Number (TAN).
- Turbidity scanner for analyzing fuel stability (aging) phenomena such as sedimentation, flocculation, agglomeration and foaming including particle size analysis from nano to mili (sample size 0,1 liter).
- Titrator to determine fuel properties such as Total Acid Number (TAN)
- Sonicator including flow cell for creation of stable fuel blends
- Gas mass flow meter (Coriolis)
- Heat development analysis by means of infrared heat camera’s
- Ultrasonic fuel blend/processing equipment, including fuel filtration behavior analysis functionality.
- For information regarding unmentioned equipment and capabilities please send a request